Blogging or. Instagram is a massive debate that’s been raging for many years. In this post, I’ll explain why you should decide between the two options of starting a blog or your own Instagram page.
Both have advantages, like making money and building a community. However, they also have negatives, like being time-consuming to expand and algorithm modifications.
I cannot convince you that the blogging platform or Instagram is superior. However, I’ll be able to help you determine which one to select based on facts, five questions to think about along with an option to compromise.
Let’s dive right into the issue regarding blog vs. Instagram: Which one do you need to choose?
Blogging vs. Instagram
How do you define blogging?
Blogging is a form of media and writing that can be self-published on the internet. For a blog to be started, you must purchase the domain (website name) and web hosting and sign up for an online website like WordPress. The website can be built in any way you’d like using a no-cost or premium theme, and then start writing about anything you’d like.
The basic concept is that blogs are websites with posts posted on them. “Striving Blogger” is my blog name and domain, which you read in some posts.
Blogging statistics (source OptinMonster):
- Every month, 409 million internet users visit over 20 billion web pages.
- Seventy-seven percent of internet users are avid readers of blogs.
- There are over 500 million blogs among 1.7 billion sites.
- It is estimated that there are 63,000 Google search results every second.
What exactly is Instagram?
Instagram is a no-cost social media site where users can upload pictures or videos stories and share their experiences with friends. Creating your Instagram account is easy, and all you need to enter is an email or mobile phone number address along with the full address of your name, username, and password. It’s as easy as that.
Instagram is far more user-friendly than blogs and is ideal for those who don’t have a technical background.
Instagram statistics (source Hootsuite):
- 1+ billion people are on Instagram each month.
- Five hundred million people are using Stories each day.
- One thousand seventy-four images are uploaded each second.
- Over 50 million photos are uploaded onto Instagram.
How much money can bloggers make?
Bloggers earn anything between $1,000 to $1,000,000+ per month, contingent on the type of niche and audience. It’s a saturated field and not an opportunity to earn money fast. It may take months or an entire year to get consistent traffic and earnings.
By Income School’s study, the average EPMP (earnings per 1000 pageviews) for bloggers is $29.08. If a blogger has 100k pageviews in a month, they will earn $2908.
Keep in mind that this figure represents the overall average for all categories, and I’ve witnessed EPMP’s earnings exceed 800 dollars from a blogger like Adam Energy.
The way bloggers earn cash:
- Advertising on display: Ads that are put all over the blog. It’s a passive source of income, and bloggers can earn anywhere from $1 to 50 dollars per 1,000 pageviews.
- Affiliate marketing: When a customer purchases a product via an affiliate (affiliate) link, the blogger earns an income from the total price of the purchase. The rates typically range between 5% and 50%, based on the service or product.
- Digital products: Printing photographs digitally, spreadsheets and photography are an easy way for bloggers to earn an additional income. The prices for these products range from $0.99 to $250plus.
- Courses: If a blogger is considered an expert in a particular field or field, then a course could be an excellent income stream for bloggers. Courses can be video or text-based and vary in cost from $9 to $1000.
- Sponsored posts: A business will pay bloggers to write about a particular product or service and then advertise it to their followers. The amount paid varies based on the page views and loyalty of the audience. You can also buy Instagram followers with Mr. Insta.
- Here is more information about it. If you want to learn more then marketbusinesstech.com visit here.
Recommended reading: 17 Highest Paid Bloggers in 2021
How much do Instagrammers earn?
Instagram users can earn anywhere between $0 and $500,000+ per month, dependent upon their followers and engagement rates. It’s not an accessible market, but you could make a fantastic income based on the number of followers when you’re done.
Most brands offer $5-10 per 1,000 followers, as per Financial Buzz. That means the influencer with 1 million followers might earn between $5,000 and $10,000 for just one post.
Instagrammers earn money differently from bloggers, and it’s difficult for us to evaluate followers against page views in terms of earnings.
How do Instagram influencers earn an income:
- Advertisements/sponsored posts: Work with brands to advertise the products and services. Earn between $5 and $10plus for every 1000 followers.
- Digital goods: Selling Lightroom presets, ebooks, photography, or video is a different way to earn a steady revenue from your Instagram followers.
- Affiliate marketing: Earn money if the buyer purchases a product using an affiliate link. (affiliate) URL.
- Classes: A video or text-based course on a pertinent subject in your field could earn you significant cash. Courses cost between $9 and $200.
I’m a mutuals partner with a person who has a following that is over 300k. They charge between $3,000 and $5,000 for each sponsored post.
Are blogs better than Instagram?
Given that they’re entirely distinct platforms, it’s difficult to decide that a blog is more beneficial than Instagram.
On the one hand, blogging can be ideal for sharing your thoughts by writing, establishing your website, and earning steady money. On the other hand, blogging can be time-consuming and challenging to comprehend, and there’s no one-size-fits-all method to make it to the top of your list (unlike Instagram).
Instagram is a great way to publish visual content and build an audience of like-minded people and earn money through paid posts and digital goods. However, Instagram is also time-consuming. It is difficult to establish a following, and it can be exhausting mentally.
Indeed, I cannot convince you to select an online blog or Instagram. You have to decide for yourself. In the next section, I’ll ask five questions to help decide which one to prioritize.
Recommend reading: How to start your blog that is profitable by 2022.
1. Which content do you want to create?
If you are choosing between these two platforms, you must first determine the type of content you are most passionate about creating.
Are you someone who enjoys writing? Or, do you like photographing and sitting in front of the camera?
Are you looking to increase your followers and likes or create a community of similar-minded people?
If you’re an excellent writer, a blog might be the ideal platform for you.
If you like multimedia-based content (photos or videos) and want to start an Instagram business might be the best option.
2. What spare minutes do you possess?
Do you have plenty of free time? Or, do you have a little free time? This is a significant factor when it comes to deciding whether to go with Instagram and blogging.
If you’re lucky enough to have a time slot of 30 minutes per day, I’d recommend using Instagram.
Why is that?
Because blogging requires a lot of time! A well-written blog post can take anywhere between four to eight hours. The time spent writing doesn’t take in the research of keywords, finding images, or advertising the post.
Instagram is a great tool because you can snap dozens of photos in one period to post pictures throughout the entire month. You can also plan an image shoot with five different outfits in one hour and have five posts in the pipeline. It’s not the same for bloggers.
3. Do you have the ability to persevere?
The third consideration when starting with a blog or. Instagram determines whether you have the endurance and will to develop on either platform.
However, I’m sorry to tell you that building a following by 2021 is a difficult task. There are millions of competitors, and it will require a lot of time and effort to start the process.
That’s months of not earning a penny, and you’re spending every day working on an online profile.
It can take bloggers between 18 to 24 months to earn a full-time income. However, it could take a while for influencers to reach 100,000 followers or even make money.
Do you have the endurance to grow a following consisting of followers and page views?
4. What kind of community do you wish to establish?
The Instagram community contrasts with. Blogs are different.
With Instagram, it is easy to meet other people in your field by commenting or liking their pictures and sending them a short DM. It is also possible to discover new accounts using a simple hashtag search.
Through blogging, you can leave comments on posts or send them an email that they may never reply to. This isn’t identical, is it?
It can be very lonely to blog, and you won’t interact with people on the internet for the first couple of months or receive feedback or comments about your new posts.
Instagram is the complete opposite. You can connect with like-minded people, receive likes or comments on your newest posts and make authentic connections with your fellow users.
Suppose you’re in search of an instant-gratification community and the capability to communicate with people quickly. If so, Instagram is the platform that you should consider.
If you’re happy that you don’t have to communicate with other people, blogging is the alternative you can select.
5. What makes you happy?
The final issue in the debate between blogs and. Instagram is what platform makes you the most content. It’s easy to join the crowd and follow what everybody is doing, But maybe you can take an extra step and determine what is best for you.
I recall establishing an Instagram account to share my photos and feeling exhausted. I was not happy with the Instagram algorithm, the time I spent with no gain, and the competition to get followers.
Do you are aware of the way I went about it? I stopped posting on Instagram and instead started a blog. After four months, I’m grateful that I put my focus on blog posts over Instagram.
My final and most vital piece of advice is to do what will make you feel the happiest.
Reach an agreement
Suppose you’re not sure if you should create either a blog or one Instagram account. The ideal option is to make both. It is possible to create a blog within the area of your choice (like fashion, travel, e.g.) and then use the account on your Instagram account to bring visitors straight to the blog.
In this way, you’re being left out of either, which means you can diversify your revenue and traffic streams. It’s also a good option as you’ll be able to participate in both communities.
Then we come to the debate on the blog and: Instagram, a question which many have asked.
Both platforms are fantastic, and each has its unique pros and cons. You only need to be the one to choose which one is best for you.
I’ve chosen to blog as my central platform since it’s more stable and manageable. I also have one Instagram account. However, it’s mainly used to bring traffic to my blog.